Sunday, 10 August 2014

Getting Inky

With mixed media all the rage at the moment, today I have been playing with Stampin' Up! products to see what effects I can accomplish.


On Pinterest I discovered a great post by Debbie Henderson of Debbie's Designs,  on her ink spreading technique it had me intrigued and I just had to give it a try.

 I have been crafting for a long time and I have to say that messy, inky fingers has never been my favourite part of card making, so I was a little nervous; but I loved the look of this technique so much that I decided I had to have a go.

I began by dripping drops of reinker onto watercolour paper and then immediately spritzing it with some water.

The resulting "mess" made an eye-catching card base and it was so quick and easy. And the best part was it didn't even leave me or my workspace messy.

Once the card stock had completely dried. I added a hand drawn "doodled" border and then stamped on the bird and branch from the Choose Happiness Stamp set.

I stamped the bird again onto a scrap of cardstock and heat embossed it with black embossing powder, I then cut the bird out and mounted it over the one stamped on the card.

I stamped the banner onto Crumb Cake cardstock and cut it and mounted it onto the top left of the card.

To finish I stamped the "choose happiness" sentiment onto Blackberry Bliss card stock with Whisper White ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I punched it out using the Artisan Label punch and mounted it to the banner with Dimensionals.

To give the card a little lift I added some black thread and coloured some rhinestones with our new Blendabilities markers. I assembled the stamped card front, onto some Island Indigo card stock and then a folded Blackberry Bliss Card.

I would like to think it's one hot mess that works!  

                                                                   Choose Happiness

Don't hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help in ordering products for you to try this card at home! 

6 comments:

  1. I must go and check out this technique myself your background and card look amazing! thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment, I do hope you give the technique a try it is lots of fun!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, glad you liked it! You should have a go, it's a fun technique.

      Delete
  3. Hi there, just wanted to mention, I loved this
    blog post. It was helpful. Keep on posting!

    my site: Http://www.Proudphotography.com (xhamster.org.uk)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
    I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little
    bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A
    fantastic read. I'll definitely be back.

    Also visit my weblog ... nibbles and bits catering newcastle

    ReplyDelete